Thursday, July 23, 2015

Crocheting!

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been posting in a long time. I had Vacation Bible School, (VBS) this week! Okay, as you can see this post is about crocheting. You might be thinking, " Why crocheting?" or " Isn't that for old people?". So if you check my about me page, on the hobbies section I put crocheting. Now you know, I crochet and I love it. I think I learned crocheting about a year or two years ago. Crocheting is actually pretty fun if you get used to it. It's sorta like knitting. You can make all sorts of things when you crochet. Recently, I have been making a baby set for my future baby cousin. I made a beanie, mittens,headbands, booties, and still making a blanket. I learned to crochet by YouTube. There are so many helpful videos to teach the basic steps on crocheting. It might be very tricky at first, but you'll get the hang of it.

To Learn To Crochet You Need: yarn and a crocheting hook.

This might sound a little hard to do, but it's actually easy to find,: Get the type of yarn you like, find the part of the label of the yarn  and search on the label where it says    ( ..) millimeter size hook that yarn matches with. You will see a picture of a hook with it.

 Some info for you to see.

So as you can see, there is a hook with the matching hook size.



So I'll show you some helpful tutorials of how to crochet. To make it easier, use the pause and rewind button as many times as you like to understand how everything works. ( Watch every single detail)

\
As a beginner, you can get very frustrated when you don't get it right.
Same thing happened to me. Just keep on trying. Don't give up! Lol.
So this video showed you how to do a single crochet which is one
of the stitches in crochet.There are still a few others.


These are some other videos showing you how to crochet some other stitches that are used a lot in crocheting.

   

 So I hope you kind of get it now. Once you know these stitches you can make a lot of different things. One thing I like about knowing how to crochet is because when there is a holiday or birthday I can just crochet them something instead of buying. Anyway, it's homemade! You can make flowers, bows, coasters, wallets, etc.  Crocheting is a fun thing to do in your spare time especially if you ran out of ideas to do and when your bored. All you need is yarn and a hook! 

Good luck on your crocheting! Tell me in the comments if your going to try it out, your crocheting now, or you think it's fun! Can't wait to hear!

~ Sarah : )

8 comments:

  1. Crocheting sounds fun, but with school and being in high school, I don't really have much time for it.
    This is a very informational post though!
    Oh, and followed your blog by email. If you want to follow me back on my blog, please do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes when you don't have time you kinda can't do anything. But when you have time to crochet it's really fun! Thank you so much! I love your blog and it has so much information about the Gospel, and I love it! So, I will definitely follow! : )

      Delete
  2. Oooh crocheting sounds pretty cool! Maybe I'll try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great! Crocheting is pretty cool!

      Delete
  3. Hi! This was a great post! I wish I could crochet (someday). I don't want to sound like im advertising (but I am XD) but, I have recently started my blog and would appreciate it if you check it out, thanks!
    -Lizzie
    http://wondergirl21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I would love to check out your blog!

      Delete
  4. Great post! I would love to learn how to crochet, it's on my bucketlist :)

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete