Saturday, June 27, 2015

Guest Post By Hannah!

Hey guys its Sarah here! Today My friend Hannah from the The Tales Of My Life will be doing a guest post for her prize of my outfit contest! So here goes!:

Hi guys! This is Hannah from The Tales of My Life, and I will be doing a book review on the book, Out Of my Mind by Sharon Draper. Enjoy!

Summary (with spoilers):
Ever since Melody was born, she has had cerebral palsy (a disorder of movement). This means Melody can't walk or communicate and she moves around using a wheelchair. Many people underestimate and think Melody is dumb because of this. Melody is actually really intelligent and has a photographic memory. But, Melody finally finds a way to communicate and talk with her family and friends using a medi talker (kind of like a talking computer like Google translator). So for the first time ever Melody makes friends in her class and actually has a voice. Melody becomes close friends with Rose and is happy. The kids in her class even let her enter The Whiz Kids team (basically a trivia team for kids). The team winds their tournament and is going to participate in the nationals in Washington, D.C. At the last minute, Melody's flight is cancelled due to the weather and Melody is devastated. The rest of the team (including Rose) had left on a an earlier flight an hour ago. Rose was about to call but everyone shook there heads (no). Melody feels betrayed and demands to go back to school (despite the rainy weather). Melody refuses to feel defeated.

Overall: I would definitely recommend this book! I love this book but, hated the ending. This was a great book overall!
Thanks to Sarah for letting me post here : )

Great post Hannah and your welcome! I would definitely read that book! Sounds interesting! ( I am very interested with medical diseases!)

~ Sarah : )

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! Thanks for letting me post here : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome guest post Hannah! This book sounds so interesting!!

    #shinenelevate.blogspot.co.uk

    ~ Rukiya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Hannah! I want to read this book, I'm very interested about the ending! XD

    ReplyDelete